You may see an exchange display as partial in IAR, when it should be listed as full. And sometimes, old documents have already been exchanged in IAR. These are two common causes for IAR exchange errors.
To correct a partial exchange that ought to be a full exchange:
- Copy the ESAC code and the old document number from the Exchange Support page.
- Go to the Financial Details page and remove the old document by placing a check in the small box to the left of the old document number. Then click the "R" on the line above to remove the old document.
- Enter the carrier code and old document number in the fields labeled "add 13 digit old document number."
- Put a check in the box labeled "exchange all" and click add.
- The old document will now be displayed on the Exchange Support page with all fields filled in except for the ESAC code and the penalty (if applicable).
To confirm whether an old document has been used:
- Click on the View Only tab in the upper right hand corner, while viewing the list of transactions in the sales report.
- Select "LO - Find Old/Used Document," and enter the 10 digit old document number.
- If the old document has been used, the system will display related information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Customer Care Center at +1 703.816.8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be more than happy to walk you through the process